You will need to sit down for this one! The R96V Prestige Series gas furnace has industry-first patented features and 360°+1 engineering. What do we mean by 360°+1 engineering? Check our unit from top to bottom, inside out, and every angle in between. You will be able to see we have condensed eveything when it comes to your home comfort. Rheems newly patented heat exchanger design offers improved airflow. A byproduct of improving air flow is sound reduction by 20%. Rheem’s PlusOne direct spark ignition (DSI) system is one of the most reliable in the industry to date. Rheem’s PlusOne water management system is the industry-first block drain sensor which will shut of your furnace to prevent spillage and costly water damage. Rheem’s PlusOne diagnostics is our industry-first, 7-segment LED display that makes service calls quick and easy.
You can expect a gas furnace to last, on average, for 20 years. If you're purchasing a new one, it's important to choose a furnace that provides both long-term efficiency and home comfort. Here are some tips:
Invest in the install. With a new HVAC system, a quality installation is critical to performance. Make sure you hire a licensed contractor who is going to address your ductwork and other home needs in addition to replacing equipment. A quality installation will cost more upfront, but will save you in service costs in the long term.
Choose the highest AFUE you can afford. Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) measures the efficiency of your furnace. An 80% AFUE furnace converts 80% of the fuel into heat; the other 20% is lost up the chimney. Most furnaces installed in the past 15 years are around 65% to 70% AFUE. Today's minimum standard is 78% AFUE, but many rebate and tax credit incentives are tied to heating efficiencies above 95% AFUE. Just ask Kelley's Heating & Cooling about the standards in your region, and what state, federal, and local utility incentives are available.
Don't forget comfort. Today's furnaces can provide more home comfort than those from 10-15 years ago. Many of the high-end furnaces contain features that will make your home more enjoyable. Look for two-stage and variable-speed models that run at different output (capacity) levels to reduce noise and provide a better mix of air throughout the home (reducing hot or cold spots). Some extremely efficient furnaces can vary the output level to provide the quietest and most comfortable indoor temperatures.
Turn on the fan. Your new furnace's thermostat may have a "fan on" setting. If so, consider running the fan year-round. It will continue to move air throughout the home even when the furnace isn't running and is a great way to even out temperatures on multiple levels. For even better temperature control, just ask Kelley's Heating & Cooling for more information about zoning.
HEATING. You can expect a gas furnace to last, on average, for 20 years. If you're purchasing a new one, it's important to choose a furnace that provides both long-term efficiency and home comfort....
Adena 43901 • Alliance 44601 • Bakersville 43803 • Baltic 43804 • Beach City 44608 • Berlin 44610 • Bolivar 44612 • Bowerston 44695 • Brewster 44613 • Cadiz 43907 • Cambridge 43725 • Canton 44704 • Canton 44705 • Carrollton 44615 • Charm 44617 • Coshocton 43812 • Deersville 44693 • Dellroy 44620 • Dennison 44621 • Dover 44622 • Dundee 44624 • E. Sparta 44626 • Flushing 43977 • Freeport 43973 • Gnadenhutten 44629 • Hopedale 43976 • Jewett 43986 • Kimbolton 43749 • Leesville 44639 • Louisville 44641 • Magnolia 44643 • Malvern 44644 • Massillon 44646 • Midvale 44653 • Millersburg 44654 • Mineral City 44656 • Minerva 44657 • Navarre 44662 • New Rumley 43984 • Newcomerstown 43832 • Piedmont 43983 • Port Washington 43837 • Sandyville 44671 • Scio 43988 • Sherrodsville 44675 • Sommerdale 44678 • Stonecreek 43840 • Strasburg 44680 • Sugarcreek 44681 • Tippecanoe 44699 • Tuscarawas 44682 • Uhrichsville 44683 • Wainwright 44686 • Waynesburg 44688 • W. Lafayette 43845 • Wilmont 44689 • Winesburg 44690 • Wooster 44692 • Zanesville 43701 • Zoar 44697 • Zoarville 44698